This Spring Michael Wood and Julie DuBose will be offering an extensive on-line workshop consisting of eleven classes which will take students through the first two foundational courses of Miksang Training. These two courses- “Opening the Good Eye: The Mechanics of Seeing” and “Making Contact: Relaxing This, Discovering THAT,” are fundamental to the practice and understanding of Miksang Contemplative Photography. Click the links below for a complete description.
The course begins with Opening the Good Eye: The Mechanics of Seeing, learning to simplify how we see through exploring the elements of form as well as seeing with a mind of simplicity.
The second part of the course, Making Contact: Relaxing This, Discovering “THAT,” is concerned with relaxing the sense of separation between “this” (aka- me), and what we see, so that we can begin to see clearly, directly, and deeply.
We hope that offering these two courses together will:
- Allow you to plan your schedule in advance to accommodate the entire eleven-week schedule.
- Provide enough continuity to integrate what is being presented into your experience of seeing.
General Information / Requirements
• As part of this workshop we will introduce you to a series of visual practices developed by Michael Wood called “Settling into Awareness”. As we say in Miksang, “Seeing is a State of Mind.” These practices are the way into direct seeing. You will find them to be amazingly effective ways to develop visual awareness.
• You will be photographing assignments and doing visual exercises during the week. It is important that you have room in your schedule during the week to do the visual practices (around 30-40 minutes a day) and assignments (around three one-hour periods during the week). Consider this time essential to your learning process.
• If you live outside the Time Zones listed below and the time difference would make it not possible to take part in the live online course, you can participate through our self-study full participation option. You would watch the class videos and participate through submitting your own assignment images and viewing and commenting with us. Sign up for the Video Self-Study option on the registration page.
• You will need to have a good working relationship with your camera or iPhone. We do not provide technical help with all the various models available.
• For more questions about technical, camera, and computer matters, check out Course FAQ’s. https://www.miksang.com/miksang-online-workshops-faq/
- Class meetings are 1.5-2 hours on Sundays
- Required reading before the course begins is Opening the Good Eye, by Michael Wood and is available at: http://openingthegoodeyebook.com/buy/
- The maximum live in-person participation in this course is eight students
- NOTE: THERE ARE 3 SPACES REMAINING FOR LIVE IN-PRESON ZOOM MEETINGS
- Cost: $690 USD for the entire workshop
Here are the dates:
BREAK – May 19
Here are the times in Daylight Saving Time (times depend on areas of registrations)
5pm United Kingdom