Making Contact: Relaxing This, Discovering THAT
April 17 – 21, 2020. West Concord, MA
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO THE
COVID19 EPIDEMIC. CHECK BACK AGAIN TO VIEW NEW DATES
The Village Art Room
152 Commonwealth Ave.
West Concord, MA 01742
• Friday, April 17th, 2020: 6:00pm–7:30pm (Introductory Evening)
• Saturday, April 18th through Tuesday, April 21st, 2020: 9:00am–5:00pm
In this workshop we prepare ourselves to see and recognize when we have a fresh perception, understand it, and express it with our camera. We learn to develop a sense of equanimity about what we see. In Making Contact, we work with our resistance to seeing without an agenda, and our struggle to make our world conform to what we want to see. We discover that real seeing takes place on the other side of boredom. As we cross this boundary, we discover a world of floating wonder for us to play in.
The Principal Practice of Making Contact is Settling Into Awareness®
• Gathering Energy into Our Eyes
• Deep Noticing
• Recognizing Direct Perception
• Seeing the One Thing
• Miksang Core Practice
The Assignments Presented in this Workshop are:
• Synchronizing Eye and Mind Through the Medium of Color
• Texture and the Full-bodied Experience of Seeing
• Seeing with the Mind of Simplicity
Meet Your Instructor: Paul Giguere
Pre-Requisite Reading Material:
Both the “Opening the Good Eye” PDF and the “Opening the Good Eye Companion” PDF are included in your registration fee.
Cost $400 USD